Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saving FeatureCam Drawings
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:13 pm 

Hello all,
I'm new to the forums but we use FeatureCam at work. I have loaded the works disc onto my laptop which allows me to use it in evaluation mode so that I can practice at home and I also use it to create engineering drawings for my model making hobby. The problem is that I can't save anything as I don't have the dongle plugged in. Is it possible to save drawings that I create by any other means, as all I can do is print them off and then I loose everything when the computer is shut down. When I'm doing a complicated assembly drawing, I really could do with being able to save it and come back to edit it later.
I have no intention of using it for production as I just use it for drawing. I understand that FC is not a CAD package and also understand the licensce has to be bought to use it to make money, but it's by far the best software I have ever used to draw something and I'm just drawing parts for hobby use. I'd be willing to buy something to enable me to save the drawings only, if such a thing exists. I just can't afford to buy the FC dongle and don't need that aspect of the software anyway. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Best regards
Mutley :)

Post subject: Re: Saving FeatureCam Drawings
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am 

I think the best you can do in evaluation mode would be to print your drawings to a PDF file. We use a program called PrimoPDF that saves printer output to a pdf format, there are several others that do the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:09 pm 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Did that response make sense to anyone based on the question by the OP? Guess I am missing something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:31 pm 

....no sense at all !!!

Thanks for taking the lead on this one, Curtis. I was very tempted to reply when I first read it on Friday but I don't feel like always policing the forum.

Posting something from the bible or about politics would have been just as good (or bad) :D
Maybe he's one of those government sponsored russian hackers????
....later, I got to make some chips....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:58 am 

ferdinandk wrote:
....no sense at all !!!

Thanks for taking the lead on this one, Curtis. I was very tempted to reply when I first read it on Friday but I don't feel like always policing the forum.

Posting something from the bible or about politics would have been just as good (or bad) :D
Maybe he's one of those government sponsored russian hackers????
....later, I got to make some chips....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Should have read that more thoroughly before letting it through. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]